Out of several methods, here is one simple method to hide files within images safely and extract those files when you need. All you need is WinZip or WinRar [Download WinRar Free].
Follow these simple steps to hide files within images in windows:
- Select the files that you want to hide, right-click on them and choose the option “Add to Archive”.
The files you want to hide are now in .zip or .rar archive.
- Place a image in the same folder that you will be using to hide the files in.
- Now you should have a folder that looks something like this with files, a JPG image, and a compressed archive
- Now in current folder Right Click holding Shift key and click “Open command window here”.
This opens command prompt and navigate to the current folder (as in screenshot below):
- Now type copy /b image.JPG + files.rar image.jpg and Enter.
- Now the files are successfully hidden inside the image image.jpg .
You can now delete all files except image.jpg (those files are already compressed inside image).The image will look normal, nobody can know that there are files hidden inside the image.
How to show/extract hidden files back from image?
Open the image.jpg file with winRar or WinZip software and extract those files back.
That is how you can hide any file (audio, video, pdf, txt, …) inside any images.