After Clean Install of Windows 10 there is no sound at all. The speakers do not even show up under the sound playback devices. They are there in the device manager but not in the control panel as an option.
I am no longer able to use my beats audio after updating to windows 10. The app comes up but the Beats tour and beats studio presets are gone. When I adjust the equalizer there is no change to the audio output. Please help someone I am an audiophile and I am struggling to listen to this muddy music my computer is now producing!
SOLUTION to Beats Audio Problem :
To get Beats Audio Back in Windows 10, first you need to uninstall any audio driver you have previously installed.
- Hold down the Windows key and press R
- Into the Run window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
- In the Device Manager window,
- Expand Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
- Right click the Realtek High Definition Audio or IDT High Definition Audio or any other audio driver and select Uninstall
- You should also get a prompt to remove the current driver, tick the box to allow this and then proceed with the uninstall
- Now download the following driver and Install (NOTE: Please donot use any downloader)
[Solution 1] – For any model of Laptops and Desktop
Download the IDT driver (it includes Beats after a reboot). The Beats Panel is part of the IDT software.
Or Don’t change the “IDT high definition driver” as an other user says to do!! use the same driver that you used in windows 8.1.
Further to solve the audio issue you may have to:
- Click right on the speaker icon on the right of your desktop;
- Select “playback devices”;
- Select “advance” and change the default format with an higher or lower value;
Now your speakers will work again.
Download windows 8.1 IDT audio driver from HP drivers download. Then install that driver on Windows 10, at the end of installation I faced some issue at the end that aborted my installation but it fixed my audio!!
I did manage to get the Beats reinstalled, but after downloading the required .exe file, was unable to install it because Windows kept insisting on blocking it. Even after turning off Windows Firewall and disabling UAC, I still couldn’t install. Ultimately, I ended up saving a copy of the driver (the .exe file) to my desktop and using 7Zip to unpack it. Completed the installation by using the driver’s internal setup.exe and, voila, an hour later, my Beats Audio is back!
HP pavilion dv6, dv7 and HP Envy dv6 and dv7
Hp Pavilion 15
Beats Audio driver for HP ENVY 15, HP ENVY 17 and HP ENVY TouchSmart m7
HP 242 G2 Notebook
If you are still facing after following above steps, please write us.
Or if you come up with any good solution then also write us at email@example.com